Many people are asking questions involving how to report a stolen video on YouTube. We will provide you with the steps involved in doing this.
1) First, you need to create an account if you do not have one already. You can create your YouTube account here: YouTube Sign-up Page. To make sure that any messages sent are from you, use the same email address for your YouTube account as you do on all other online accounts.
2) Log in to your YouTube account. When logged in, scroll down to the bottom of any page and click Sign-in / Join. Then enter your Google Account username and password
3) Scroll down again to the bottom of any page and click Account. You will now see a summary of your account activity. For example, click Videos under I want to
4) On the next screen, click Delete videos you’re claiming as yours, then enter the video’s URL. To find this, go to YouTube and right-click anywhere within the player that is showing the video. Then on the menu that pops up, right-click again and select Copy Link Location. Paste this link into the text box on YouTube’s page for claiming videos as your own.
5) After doing this, click Delete Claimed Videos underneath the video list that appears under Your videos are being claimed by someone else. You will see a message that says, “This claim will be permanently deleted in 14 days.” In the meantime, you should still be able to watch your video as others can.
6) Lastly, fill out the form on this page: YouTube Form for Reporting Copyright Infringements. This form is used to report any videos that may violate copyright protections and contain explicit language and violence in videos. Your name, email address, and the link to the video you claim is yours must be entered for your complaint to go through. You may also include which country this video may violate copyright protections of.
7) After filling out the required information on this last page, scroll to the bottom of the page and click Continue. You will then receive an email that confirms your claim, so be sure to check your spam/junk folder for this message!
If you have any questions about how to report a stolen video on YouTube, please feel free to leave them in the comments below. I hope we have helped answer some of your questions about this topic.