Best Blogging Platforms to make money in 2020
I will discuss best blogging platforms to make money in 2020. There are numerous reasons to start blogging. It is a way to attract traffic to advertise and sell your products through blogging. If you have a business and want to advertise and market your products then blogging is the best way to advertise the products.
There are many blogging platforms available and it’s depending on you which platform you prefer. This is hard for you to make a decision about which platform suit you best.
We are trying to solve this problem for you if you are a beginner. Which feature you have to consider is blogging. I will discuss the pros and cons of each platform so that it is easy for you to decide, which platform fulfills your requirements.
How to Choose the Best Blogging Platforms for Beginners
It is the most important factor; you have to consider what you are getting for your money. Free offers give you nothing so if you are going to invest some bucks then compare the service you will get.
If the platform of your choice is easy to use and needs no special coding skills then definitely the choice will be suitable for a beginner.
It is sure that your needs and requirement keep changing with time. You may want to change the design of the site after some time or add new features, so the platform is capable to accept all these changes and updates.
If the maintenance is costly and affects your daily flow of activities then it is somewhat not acceptable.
Most people start blogging to earn money from it, so you should choose the platform that supports you in your objective.
Best Blogging Platforms in 2020 for Beginner
It is very popular and has a major share over the entire internet. 90% of the websites on the internet are backed by WordPress. WordPress (.com) and WordPress (.org) are two different things and these are always confused.
This platform is suitable for:
- Business Blog
- Personal blog
- Blogging with full control
- WordPress is very flexible; you can fully manage your site.
- The functionality of WordPress is extendable through plugins. It is estimated that over 55000 plugins are available.
- Lovely and mobile-friendly themes are available. You can change the theme of the site with just click of a button.
- The search engines can easily index these sites, go well with social media.
- Large community
- You have to purchase domain name and hosting.
WordPress.com (Best Blogging Platform Free)
It provides you free hosting service with basic features. If you are a beginner then you can start from this platform and later on, if you want to extend the functionality then you can go for its paid version (wordpress.org).
It is perfect for:
- Small blogging or personal blogging.
- People want to blog for a few weeks.
- It is so easy to start, all the process is automatic.
- Free hosting.
- The interface is so simple as compared to a self-hosted blog.
- No need for maintenance.
- You will get subdomain so it has some limitations.
- The customization option is very narrow with no plugins.
- Monetization issue; it is hard to get monetization for the lower plan.
- You can easily lose the website if you commit any mistake.
It is also popular platforms that come with drag and drop features to make your presence online. It is very simple to create on your website.
It is very perfect for:
- Small businesses who want a blog with a website.
- Artists or fashion faculty who always share photos.
- You can customize your blog with templates and third-party apps.
- Easy interface with just a drag and drop feature with no technical skills.
- Quick and easy set-up with top-level hosting.
- Many design options and features built-in in HTML5.
- A unique feature to design your site automatically using the principle of artificial intelligence.
- The good thing about Wix that it has a free stock of images.
- The free account has limited features and capabilities like traffic, storage, and Wix branding and ads.
- Limited free apps.
- It is difficult to change the site’s template once you selected it.
- Wix is not suitable for an e-commerce site.
- You will pay for the service of many things so cost racks up easily.
- You can’t move your site elsewhere.
It is another best open-source management system platform. You can build all types of websites on these platforms.
It is best for:
- E-commerce websites.
- Business websites.
- Users with advanced skills.
- Effective and versatile, better suited to create more than blogs.
- The design is easy to change with hundreds of professionals templates.
- Many extensions are available to change the features and functionality of the site.
- Little coding skill is required to handle basic CSS and HTML.
- It is on you to manage security, backups, and performance of site.
It is a writing platform for bloggers, journalists. It is founded in 2012 and now it is very popular among the writer’s community. It is like a social media platform with limited functions. You can increase your audience through engaging posts and you can comments and like other’s content on this platform.
- Sign up and start blogging.
- Great writing experience.
- It is a platform for those, who just want to publish their content.
- You embed videos.
- All blogs have the same design and look so customization option is hardly available.
- You can’t move your site to another platform.
- The monetization option is not available.
- Marketing features are limited.
- You will have no full control of your content.